The curtain closes on another great season
The 2018-2019 season is fast coming to an end in terms of our stable representation. Another chapter will come to a close following the Addington and Alexandra Park meetings tonight.
Without a doubt, this season has been one of our very best. Seasonal highlights are too many to name, but include:
* The three Group One wins to Sundees Son
* The Group Two and Group Three wins to Henry Hubert
* The two Group Three wins to star two year old filly Spellbound
* John again passing the 100 win mark for the season - presently on 106 wins - as well as setting a new personal total in terms of stakes won for the season. Second in the premiership overall
* Robert also passed the 100 mark again - presently on 103 wins - as well as setting a new mark personally for stakes won in the season. Like John, Robert sits second in the premiership.
Tonight the pair have a chance to add to these totals. There are three runners at Addington and Alexandra Park respectively.
The Addington card starts in Race Two where we have the good mare Onedin Reign. She has done a good job this season but will again be looking for a hard run affair if she is to figure form her wide draw. Should that happen, she is definitely capable of running into the money.
The Westview filly Flashazz goes around in Race Four. She got home ok last week in what was a much stronger line-up. Should she get the right run this evening, she could definitely get a slice of this.
The final Addington runner is last week's impressive debutante winner Down To The Bone in Race Eight. After working on the last lap last week, he dug too tough for his rivals in what was a very good maiden field. This field is certainly no stronger and he looks sure to start at short odds on the tote.
Up north at Alexandra Park, the action gets underway for us in Race One with Mighty Looee. He has been roundabouts in his two starts to date and does look well placed here. He is a clear each-way chance.
Onwards to Race Three and Kotare Cullen will have to overcome the wide barrier draw. A good mare, she has her work cut out with some in-form runners inside her, but a peak run can have her in the money here.
Our final runner is Megastar in Race Eight. After a good first up win, he was found out in much stronger company last time. This looks more his go and with luck he can run into the placings at some nice odds.
Posted: Fri 26 Jul 2019